Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Generic Build Plans in Bamboo with Bitbucket Server (local)

Chris March 25, 2016

I am using Bamboo and Bitbucket for Chef cookbook development. I have each cookbook in its own repository under a single project in Bitbucket Server. I have currently about 25 cookbooks with more planned but the problem I'm going to run into is having to specify a build plan for every single cookbook, along with a corresponding deployment plan. As this project matures, I see this becoming a confusing mess. 

I want to know if it's possible to have Bitbucket call the build plan upon commit to a specific repository and provide Bamboo with the repository name that was modified. I have the full application link between Bamboo and Bitbucket Server. I have tried configuring this, but whenever I specify Bitbucket as my source countrol, I'm forced to choose a repository (Linked repository). 

Does anyone know how to configure this type of scenario? Switching to a monolithic repository or otherwise combining all cookbooks into a single repository is out of the question.

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2016

Plan Creation Scripting has solved our use case for creating and updating a number of similar plans. In our case, it also includes across multiple Bamboos.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2016

That is how it will work. You will have separate plans for each repository and will have a deployment plan for that.

If you are looking to have a single plan for all the repositories, that won't have happen unless you write some serious customization.

I would prefer to automate the creation of separate plans instead!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events