Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User not recognized despite of SSH key

Nicolas Renon November 14, 2012

Greetings,

I work on some reposirories on BitBucket from my home and my work, with two differents computers.
On each one I set a different SSH key that I added on my account settings as "Home" and "Work", following the classic way to generate them.

Despite of these keys added to my BB profile, when I do commits from my work I appear as an "non registered" user on the project stream :

As you can see on the screenshot I can commit but my profile seems to be unknown.
I use the same workflow on GitHub without any problems.

Any idea? :)

2 answers

0 votes
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2013

Hi Nicolas,

Make sure you've added your name and e-mail address at work like such:

git config user.name "FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME"
git config user.email "MY_NAME@example.com"

and verify the settings with:

cat .git/config

Also, make sure the e-mail address you use is confirmed on your account (Avatar > 'Manage account') and it is the same that is in your git config file: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Set+your+username+for+Bitbucket+actions

Cheers,
Jesse

0 votes
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2013

Hi Nicolas,

Make sure you've added your name and e-mail address at work like such:

git config user.name "FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME"
git config user.email "MY_NAME@example.com"
and verify the settings with:

cat .git/config

Also, make sure the e-mail address you use is confirmed on your account (Avatar > 'Manage account') and
it is the same that is in your git config file: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Set+your+username+for+Bitbucket+actions

Cheers,

Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events