Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User missing from Crowd group when viewed through Stash

Chris Wundram September 9, 2013

We have a stash server (2.5) set up with a authentication directory from crowd. It is mostly working fine but in once case we have a user who is a member of various groups (stash-admin, stash-users, etc..) but when we look at those groups in the stash interface, she isn't there. But when we look at her user properties (admin/users/view), we see the expected groups listed in the groups TAB. This doesn't seem to be a problem for other users. Any idea what the cause could be?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Wundram September 12, 2013

Support recomend that I create a second crowd directory entry in Stash with the same settings as the first, and then reorder the directories so the new one is first. Doing this seems to have fixed the issue.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

Hi Chris,

This seems to be the same symptom of this bug in JIRA, in this bug there's a suggested workaround, this can possibly work for Stash as well.

Cheers

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

Hi Chris,

If the suggested workaround doesn't fix the problem, or in any case, you may want to raise a support ticket so we can help you further.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Chris Wundram September 9, 2013

Ok, after some more investigation, I see that I am getting some warnings in the log like this

2013-09-10 06:29:46,613 WARN [scheduler_Worker-7] c.a.c.d.DbCachingRemoteChangeOperations remote username [ trice ] casing differs from local username [ TRice ]. User details will be kept updated, but the username cannot be updated

Which means that at some point some of the usernames were capitalized, and then they were changed to lowercase in the crowd directory. It seems that every user that I have a warning like this about is also not showing up in their assigned groups. So the new question is, how do I fix this? How do I remove all of the local info about the user from Stash, and then re-sync the directory?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events