Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Set-up on Stash

wendy hughes May 28, 2014

For Stash - Please advise the difference between Global Permissions, Project Permissions and Repository Permissions. From what I understand Global Permissions are mandatory are these overwritten if Project or repository permissions are configured.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2014

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for contacting us.

What you are saying is correct. At the same time, lets have a look to the following scenario where you have:

userA as normal user
userB as normal user

Everytime you create a new project (i.e: ProjectX), all permissions set up under Global permission will be copied accross to the new project.

ProjectX has repositoryA.git
ProjectX has repositoryB.git
ProjectX has repositoryC.git

If you provide permissions to userA to this project (ProjectX), the same will be able to see all repositories under this project (repositoryA, repositoryB and repositoryC).

If you go to repositoryA and give permissions to userB, this user will have access to ONLY repositoryA under ProjectX. The same will not be able to visualize repositoryB and repositoryC.

I hope the above answers to your question.

Please, do not hesitate on contacting us at any moment.

Kind regards,
Rafael

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2014

Hi Wendy,

In Stash, permissions are additive:

• Global permissions apply to all projects and repositories
  • Project permissions apply to the project and all repositories in that project
  • Repository permissions apply only to that repository.

Project permissions do not overwrite global permissions, they _add_ to global permissions.

Cheers,

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events