Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Directory sync

fbeck_br September 25, 2014

I have some users registred in JIRA in a group I named as stash-users.

I set stash server to connect use JIRA as user directory, and stash global permissions I set that everyone in stash-users will be a Stash user.

after sync, it was OK.

JIRA had 29 users in stash-users group

Stash imported the group and I have 29 stash users (+ internal users like admin, etc)

Everyone had commits.

after some time (months), I removed a 5 users from JIRA stash-users group, but I noted these users are still showed in stash (and consuming licenses)

I tried to disable incremental sync, but I still have those 29 users in stash.

How can I release those licenses?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2014

Hi Flavio,

Do you have more than one User Directory in JIRA by any chance?

When JIRA is used as a User Server for other applications, it will synchronize all user-group memberships it has in the database, no matter the current order of User Directories you may have in your JIRA instance.

That means that, if you have your top directory with users only in a single group (e.g. jira-users) but has the same users in different groups (e.g. stash-users) in any of the user directories below, the applications connected will synchronize the users with all of their group memberships.

You can try moving your User Directories around and see if any of them still have your 5 users in the stash-users group.

Hope this helps.

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2014

Hi Flavio,

Is there any synchronisation issue mentioned in your logs? I would suggest you create a support ticket so our support engineer could review your logs confidentially.

We could do some initial troubleshooting here:

• May I know how did you removed those 5 users from JIRA stash-users group? 
  • Is Stash still showing those users as a member of stash-users group? 
  • Have you double check if they are configured individually in your Global Permission menu
  • Is there any duplicate users in lower order directory?

If you have a maintenance window soon, you could try the following steps:

1. Create a backup for safety precaution
  2. Disable the current JIRA directory
  3. Create a new one with the same configuration
  4. Synchronise

Hope the above information helps. If it still persist, I would recommend you to create a support ticket with us. We would be happy to assist you further.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events