Upgrading Stash 2.3.1 to 2.7.latest - any pitfalls?

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2013

I am planning to upgrade our stash server from 2.3.1 to 2.7.2. Are there any in-between upgrades that I should do?

We are using the mysql database.

I have seen the notes about backing things up, after stopping the stash and mysql services.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2013

Hi John,

Our in-application upgrade should handle the relevant migration from any previous version of Stash.

However, there might be unforseen problems and we highly recommend backing up everything before performing any upgrade, just to be on the safe side. Posting this here just for completeness (and others).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+upgrade+guide

Just to double-check, did you see the warning at the bottom of that page about MySQL and binary logging?

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2013

Thank you Charles.

Yes I did. The notes for each release will warn you, when needed.

It turns out that we do not have binary logging turned on for MySQL, which I found out when I added the flag to /etc/my.cnf and MySQL would not start. Kudo's to the MySQL people for putting an error message in the log, that was understandable.

When I removed the binary logging setting to MIXED, it started up and no errors so far.

Regards,

John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events