Upgrade to built in installer on Stash 3.1

Graham Rivers-Brown June 26, 2014

We're currently running Atlassian Stash 2.8.2 and I have just downloaded the installer for 3.1. From version 3.1 there is a bin file similar to JIRA and Confluence and I would love to switch across to this install method rather than using the zip file method however when I try to do the upgrade using the bin file it seems to want to do a fresh install. Below is the console output:

[root@wpujra0201 stash]# ./atlassian-stash-3.1.0-x32.bin
testing JVM in /usr ...
testing JVM in /usr/lib/jvm/jre ...
testing JVM in /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0 ...
testing JVM in /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk ...
testing JVM in /usr/lib/jvm/jre-openjdk ...
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...

This will install Stash 3.1.0 on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]

Where should Stash be installed?

[/opt/atlassian/stash/3.1.0]
/opt/stash/install
It appears that the target installation directory is not empty. Please choose an empty or new directory path.
Where should Stash be installed?

Any suggestions how I can get this to upgrade rather than do a fresh install?
Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

Er.. Rename your existing installation folder? On normall installations, the only thing to make sure that is updated is the bin/setenv.sh file.

Graham Rivers-Brown June 27, 2014

Thanks Tim, I just wasn't sure if there was a way to get the installer to pick it up and do the whole update itself. I renamed the existing install folder and pointed it to the home directory when it asked for it and it worked great.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events