Upgrade to bitbucket?

Irving Rodriguez December 28, 2015

Hello, I have a few questions and might need some guidance as i am not very familiar with how most of this works. I was told to upgrade stash to Bitbucket however, i am not sure how to go about this. There are a few projects on our stash right now and i would hate to screw  up the upgrade and lose those projects. Can someone offer some guidance on how to do this? Also how can i check what version of stash i am currently running? Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2015

Hi Irving,

The change from Stash to Bitbucket was mostly just a rebrand, so upgrading it would be just like upgrading Stash to a new version.

Plugins API was renamed though, so being this the major change, you must be careful since the upgrade will disable any 3rd party plugins and they need to be adapted to Bitbucket Server. Please allow me to link you do some documents that will help you through the process:

As per your Stash version, you can check this just by scrolling to the bottom of the page (the version is mentioned at the bottom).

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Rahul Mohan December 28, 2015

the version of stash can be found at the bottom of your STASH page

something like thie

Atlassian Stash v3.7.1

and the upgrade is quite simple.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-upgrade-guide-776640551.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events