Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to BB 5.2.1 with PFX

EricH July 16, 2017

Our instance will no longer start, with this error in the logs:

The Tomcat connector configured to listen on port 443 failed to start. The port may already be in use or the connector may be misconfigured.

I followed the guide to move things to bitbucket.properties;  something is askew.  I use the keystore method for connecting to cert in the past:

protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"  keystoreFile="D:\namehere.pfx" keystorePass="passhere" keystoreType="PKCS12"

Do I need to include keystore Type and Protocol in the bitbucket properties?  Where do I find those keywords?

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

Hi Eric,

If you're using a different type of keystore you can specify that in bitbucket.properties using server.ssl.key-store-type=pkcs12.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2017

Hi Eric! Have you checked that there's no other application running on port 443? It could be that the older version of Bitbucket is running still there.

You should be able to find the keystore Type and Protocol in the bitbucket.properties.

For more information, you can refer to Migrate Server XML customizations to Bitbucket properties.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events