Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from *very early* 4.14.12 to 7.20

Jim Henk February 28, 2022

Hi.  I'm a new contractor tasked with reporting on what's going to be necessary to do the big Bitbucket upgrade. (starting over isn't an option)  Surfing through the 45 versions worth of release notes since the early version, (above) I'm swiftly coming to the conclusion that this is going to be a very big production.

Details: Centos 7 - hosted locally, not cloud (no plans or intentions to migrate to Cloud) - It's Bitbucket Server, not Data Center.  Current ElasticSearch appears to be 2.3.1 - can't even *find* a server.xml file - as I mentioned above, current BitBucket version is 4.14.12

Can't seem to find upgrade instructions, but it seems that ElasticSearch 2.3 was deprecated in 1/18, and even 5.5 was deprecated in 3/20.

How can I find what the upgrade procedures are going to be?  Is it even possible?

Thanks much.

- Jim H.

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2022

Hi Jim,

You can find the upgrade guide for 7.20 at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-upgrade-guide-776640551.html - in principle you can upgrade from any earlier version of Bitbucket Server or Stash to the latest. This is a big upgrade though, but the guide should have you covered.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events