Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Bitbucket 4 to 5: issue with Customization in filter

Fbusc January 31, 2018

Hello,

in the upgrade of Bitbucket from 4 to 5, i have a problem with the customization of the  filters in web.xml file, i.e

<filter>
<filter-name>XXXRequestFilter</filter-name>
<filter-class>it.pronetics.edxee.filter.bitbucket.BitBucketRequestFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>XXXRequestFilter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
<dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
<dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
<dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
<dispatcher>ERROR</dispatcher>
</filter-mapping>.

In Bitbucket 5.0.1, there is no more the web.xml file in conf directory since Bitbucket now uses an embedded Apache Tomcat. I could not export  this customization in bitbucket.properties file as suggested in documentation. Someone has some idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2018

Hi Fabrizio!  What was the exact setup you tried? Please show us how you tried to configure this on bitbucket.properties so we can see why it is failing.

Alternatively, you can put Apache in front of Bitbucket as a reverse proxy and setup those filter rules in there. For more info you can check Proxying Atlassian server applications with Apache.
Regards,
Ana

Fbusc February 2, 2018

But it is possible to use customization of filter in file bitbucket.properties? In official documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/migrate-server-xml-customizations-to-bitbucket-properties-897811761.html#id-_MigrateServerXML-migrationt ,  there is no reference to this point

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events