Upgrade bit bucket server

Susant Prusty February 8, 2016

Hi,

We have a Stash instance running with version 3.11.1 with a user named as Stash and as a service in Linux.

We want to upgrade the instance from version 3.11.1 to 4.2 can someone please send me the documentation and useful information that should be taken care while the upgrade?

Will it allow me to run the instance with the same user as Stash after upgradation?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

2 answers

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

Hi Susant,

In addition to Nic's comment, since you'll be upgrading from Stash to Bitbucket, you may also find the  Bitbucket rebrand FAQ useful, as it explains the main changes involved in the rebrand. Please pay attention to the changes that happened at API level which may affect 3rd party plugins, as explained in this document.

This, along with the upgrade guide provided by Nic, should provide you the information needed for the upgrade.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

Start with a read through https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-upgrade-guide-776640551.html

You'll be fine sticking with the "stash" user - the name of the user doesn't matter.

Susant Prusty February 8, 2016

Thank you Nic,

I will go through the URL.

Please send me any other URLs and documents if you find it will be useful while up gradation.

Regards,

Susant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events