Upgrade Old stash 3.6.1 to BitBucket and move to new server

Sonny Kwon November 23, 2017

Hi all,

I have old version stash 3.6.1 self-hosted.

I want to install Bitbucket on new server and restore old data.

It is possible??

Please tell me how to restore or link to documentation?

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hi Sonny! From my understanding, you're planning to upgrade the Stash Server and also move to a different machine, we strongly recommend you to first move to the new server with your currently version of Stash and after everything will be running properly, then go ahead to upgrade the Stash version.

For the migration you can follow Migrating Bitbucket Server to another Server. Keep in mind that in Stash, the BITBUCKET_HOME directory is called STASH_HOME.

Then, you can find all steps to upgrade Stash to the latest Bitbucket version at Bitbucket Server upgrade guide.

Don’t forget to have a look into the Supported Platform Documentation before you follow to the upgrading process to avoid any incompatibility.

We also recommend you to try to upgrade your system in a staging environment first to avoid outages. Also make sure you have a backup from your Stash and the database.

Keep in mind that upgrading from Stash to Bitbucket Server will disable all user-installed add-ons, whether they are 3rd-party add-ons from Atlassian Marketplace, or your own custom add-ons. User-installed add-ons will need to be checked, upgraded and enabled again once you've finished the upgrade process. You can check the marketplace listing for 3rd-party add-ons to determine if there is a release that is compatible with the newest Bitbucket Server. If tehy haven't been updated, they won't work. Same goes for custom add-ons. See the documentation on how to update your add-on for details.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events