Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Update Contacts / Merge Accounts - BitBucket & Trello and Google SSO

Hi

I've redacted email addresses for privacy :-)

I have a BitBucket account linked to a personal email address {personal}@gmail.com. This therefore has an Atlassian account, and within it is the product "BitBucket". 

I also have a Trello account, linked to a Google Account ({something@mydomain.com}) (log in is via Google SSO). Within the Atlassian account there is the product "Trello".

Because Trello has a different login to Bitbucket, I cannot remain logged in to both websites within the same browser; if I am logged into my BitBucket account and then log into Trello in another browser tab, my BitBucket account is switched to that under something@mydomain.com}) (where there is no BitBucket account).

I have tried to amend the email address within my Atlassian account for {personal}@gmail.com (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email) but it errors stating I cannot change it to {something@mydomain.com} as a BitBucket account with that email already exists.

However, no BitBucket account exists for {something@mydomain.com} ; only a Trello account. If I try to log into BitBucket using Google SSO for {something@mydomain.com} I get "first time/welcome" page to complete the setup.

So there is no way, I can see, to 'cancel' the BitBcket account for {something@mydomain.com} so I can amend the email address in my active BitBucket account. I'm also unsure if even doing this will work given {something@mydomain.com} is via Google SSO.

Ultimately, I'd like my BitBucket account linked to the Google SSO of {something@mydomain.com} , so all my Atlassian products are under this same Google SSO account. And I can't figure out how to acheive this!

But, I don't want to have to transfer all repositories from the {personal}@gmail.com BitBucket account to to {something@mydomain.com} i as obviously that will break all of the remote URLs and cause various headaches. But is this the only option?

Oddly, I also have a Trello account which I can log in with {personal}@gmail.com -- but this does not appear as a Product within my Atlassian account for that email address (only Bitbucket) - but that's not a major problem as that trello account is unused.

I contacted Atlassian Support directly who stated they could not help due to my support eligibility, and directed me to post this in the forum. They mentioned:

"The instructions will be provided by our community team regarding how to basically merge the two accounts into a single profile under something@mydomain.com"

Any advice and help, most appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user Jun 26, 2020

@robbathgate, I was also using both a Bitbucket and a Trello account before Trello and Bitbucket merged.  Now i'm stuck with a frustrating problem. You would think Atlassian can fix it.

I opened 2 tickets one with Bitbucket and one with Trello, yet no one seems to be able to help.

I have a Bitbucket account using an email address xxx@zzz.com and I have a Trello account using the email yyy@gmail.com

At this point when I log into bitbucket I am logged out of Trello and vis-a-versa. 

@peter Yes, this is pretty awful service from the Atlassian team; who just seem to be passing the buck.

Over email they told me they won't help me over email but the forum would definately help - "The instructions will be provided by our community team", yet this post has bene here for two weeks and not a single community team member has even replied!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,818 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you