Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Contacts / Merge Accounts - BitBucket & Trello and Google SSO

robbathgate June 17, 2020

Hi

I've redacted email addresses for privacy :-)

I have a BitBucket account linked to a personal email address {personal}@gmail.com. This therefore has an Atlassian account, and within it is the product "BitBucket". 

I also have a Trello account, linked to a Google Account ({something@mydomain.com}) (log in is via Google SSO). Within the Atlassian account there is the product "Trello".

Because Trello has a different login to Bitbucket, I cannot remain logged in to both websites within the same browser; if I am logged into my BitBucket account and then log into Trello in another browser tab, my BitBucket account is switched to that under something@mydomain.com}) (where there is no BitBucket account).

I have tried to amend the email address within my Atlassian account for {personal}@gmail.com (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email) but it errors stating I cannot change it to {something@mydomain.com} as a BitBucket account with that email already exists.

However, no BitBucket account exists for {something@mydomain.com} ; only a Trello account. If I try to log into BitBucket using Google SSO for {something@mydomain.com} I get "first time/welcome" page to complete the setup.

So there is no way, I can see, to 'cancel' the BitBcket account for {something@mydomain.com} so I can amend the email address in my active BitBucket account. I'm also unsure if even doing this will work given {something@mydomain.com} is via Google SSO.

Ultimately, I'd like my BitBucket account linked to the Google SSO of {something@mydomain.com} , so all my Atlassian products are under this same Google SSO account. And I can't figure out how to acheive this!

But, I don't want to have to transfer all repositories from the {personal}@gmail.com BitBucket account to to {something@mydomain.com} i as obviously that will break all of the remote URLs and cause various headaches. But is this the only option?

Oddly, I also have a Trello account which I can log in with {personal}@gmail.com -- but this does not appear as a Product within my Atlassian account for that email address (only Bitbucket) - but that's not a major problem as that trello account is unused.

I contacted Atlassian Support directly who stated they could not help due to my support eligibility, and directed me to post this in the forum. They mentioned:

"The instructions will be provided by our community team regarding how to basically merge the two accounts into a single profile under something@mydomain.com"

Any advice and help, most appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user June 26, 2020

@robbathgate, I was also using both a Bitbucket and a Trello account before Trello and Bitbucket merged.  Now i'm stuck with a frustrating problem. You would think Atlassian can fix it.

I opened 2 tickets one with Bitbucket and one with Trello, yet no one seems to be able to help.

I have a Bitbucket account using an email address xxx@zzz.com and I have a Trello account using the email yyy@gmail.com

At this point when I log into bitbucket I am logged out of Trello and vis-a-versa. 

robbathgate July 2, 2020

@peter Yes, this is pretty awful service from the Atlassian team; who just seem to be passing the buck.

Over email they told me they won't help me over email but the forum would definately help - "The instructions will be provided by our community team", yet this post has bene here for two weeks and not a single community team member has even replied!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events