cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to re-add a SSH key to BitBucket

wernervdmerwe October 4, 2018

I cleaned up the SSH keys in my profile:

Werner van der Merwe REMOVED an SSH key 2018-08-06 · 101.98.252.74
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQC9YgpJJdfWVwAf94L…

Turns out I still need this as part of an existing pipeline, so I cannot create a new key for that user, and I desperately need this user to have access to the repos again.

When I try and re-add the key, it gives me the: "Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository." error.

How can I either clear the history around this key, or be able re-add the key again?

7 answers

1 vote
gideonkotze November 13, 2019

Same here. I had some issues pushing my repo to Bitbucket so I created it fresh: cloned from BB as an empty repo, and copied all my stuff from the old location to the new repo. Now when I want to add my key, "someone" has already added that, even though there is nothing in my list of keys on BB. I guess I should just generate a new key pair and be done with it.

1 vote
Ulysses Alexandre Alves November 2, 2019

Same thing happened with me. I tried to delete my ssh key from the repository and add it to my user settings so that I could get read/write access, like suggested in this StackOverflow answer https://stackoverflow.com/a/57114966/1639385, but then BitBucket complains with the message of "Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository.".

1 vote
InsOpDE November 7, 2018

I know this worked in the past so I conclude that this might be a bug. Im having the same issue at the moment

0 votes
DragosC August 5, 2020

Same here! :(

0 votes
hounsellal October 17, 2019

Same thing happened to me. I'm unable to use bitbucket at all.

0 votes
Liana-Maria Panatau September 29, 2019

Same thing happened to me. 

0 votes
alegomes August 30, 2019

Same here as of Aug 30th 2019.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events