Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to push to remote -

Vijay kumar September 1, 2015

Our push operations are failing with the following error

remote: Hook com.carolynvs.stash.plugin.force_field.PreventForcePushPreReceiveHook failed. Error:
remote: null

We have not enabled the "Reject Force Push" plugin in any of our repositories. Please advise

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2015

Hi Vijay, I think your Stash instance have this plugin enabled Force Field for Stash - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.carolynvs.force-field and your push operation is prevented by this PreReceive hook. Refer plugin document for more info. Taha

Vijay kumar September 2, 2015

Yes..that was the plugin that was causing the issue. After uninstalling the same, we were able to go ahead with the Push operations. But what surprises me is that we had not enabled this plugin on any of the repositories. Then why was this blocking the pushes?

Roger Barnes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2015

It sounds like there's a bug in the add-on that occurs even when it's not enabled for a repository. Stash 3.10+ has better force push prevention built in now, so that's likely a viable alternative.

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2015

I'm a little curious about that "remote: null" line - what do you see when you do 'git remote show' and 'git remote show origin'?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events