I am a regular bitucket server user and recently an external vendor had setup a repository on bitbucket cloud.
I am having issues ever since.
Using Linux machines with http_proxy,https_proxy variables set.
1) I am able to clone a public repository, but unable to push anything to it.
When pushing I get password prompt and then the error.
Password for 'https://email@example.com':
I entered the password ( I made sure I am entering the correct password)
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://firstname.lastname@example.org/myid/testpublicrepo.git/'
2) When I try to clone a private repository, I am getting same error
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://email@example.com/myid/testrepopvt.git/'
Things I have tried:
1) I tried curl -L bitbucket.org and responses are coming.
2) I have entered 22.214.171.124 bitbucket.org in /etc/hosts file.
3) I tried repeating these steps on a repository in bitbucket server and it works like a charm. Here also password is prompted during clone and push operation, but works fine when i enter the password.
git config --global user.name "Username"
git config --global user.email "My Email Id"
git clone http://user@bitucketserver:7990/scm/jen/test.git
git add --all
git commit -m "Initial Commit"
git remote add origin http://user@bitucketserver:7990/scm/jen/test.git
git push -u origin master
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs