Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to BitBucket

Jewel Francis October 10, 2015

Hi Team,

I just downloaded and installed Bitbucket in my local machine. I have installed JIRA and Bitbucket on a 30 day trial version. I have an Atlassian account. And I am accessing JIRA via the same. BUt when I try to access Stash, its showing incorrect username and password.

If I try to re-set the password this is the error -

"Your password can not be reset as there is a problem with the mail server. Please contact your system administrator to correct this problem."
Could you let me know what could be the problem here ? Are we facing any issues while using mail server of Stash?

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2015

If Bitbucket Server is running locally, you can use out Lockout recovery process guide to regain access to the server and reset your password. 

Are you using an external user directory for the users in Bitbucket? If not, you can just reset the password to your user by using the guide above.

Rajesh Jaladi August 16, 2019

Is this document just for windows ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2015

Cloud or server? I ask because if it's Cloud, you need to contact Atlassian support (https://support.atlassian.com), but if it's server, then the problem is that you've misconfigured the email or shut down your mail service and you need to correct that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events