Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login in bitbucket

priya sharma April 4, 2018

Hi,

I had an gmail account praveen.singh@techconlabs.com but unfortunatly its gmail account has been deactivated but i still have bitbucket account. Now i am unable to login with this email address . when i try to use forgot password link , it asks for recovery email and this email address has already deactivated. I have very important data on my bitbucket. Please reset my password or do the needfull.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi Priya! Even if the email was deactivated, you'd still be able to log in if you remembered the password. Once you log in you'll be able to change the email address. 

If you don't remember the password and you don't have access to the email address anymore, you won't be able to receive the reset password email. I've also checked the account and saw that 2 step verification was not enabled, so there are no other means to verify the ownership.

Let us know if you have any questions,

Ana

priya sharma April 5, 2018

Hi,

I have forgot my password and I don't have access to the email.

Please help.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

In that case I'm afraid there's nothing we can do, as we can not verify that you're the owner of that account. Is there a possibility that your email address can be re-activated?

Alternatively, if you have a copy of your repositories, then you can create a new Bitbucket account and import them there. If any of your friends/colleagues had access to them, they'll also be able to share them with you.

Best regards,

Ana

No, there is no possibility of re- activating email address because it is closed by the owner. Im here to prove that I'm the owner of that email address. You can ask anything if you want. This data is really important for me.

I only store my data on bitbucket and also i have no copy of data. Your step into this would be appreciated. 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2018

Hi Priya, claiming that an email address is yours is not enough to prove it's actually yours. In this case you clearly stated the email address was closed by the owner, so I'm afraid that we won't be able to interfere there, for security reasons. The Bitbucket account belongs to the owner of the email address associated to it. If you wish to recover that account, that's something you and the owner will need to discuss.

For the future, please keep in mind that it's not a recommended practice to have your data only in one place, mostly when you don't have control over it. It's always good to have at least one copy of it in case of disaster.

Kind regards,

Ana

Let me explain you. My organisation had purchase gmail account and provided to us(their employees) gmail id but now company winds up and their all gmail accounts are closed. So all the employees from their organisation are unable to login into gmail account. This is the actual scenario. We had control over our gmail id but not the domain. What will you do when your organisation gmail programme expires or suspended? You can't do nothing because this is not your personal gmail account it is provided by my organisation.

Can you please suggest me what can i do to recover my bitbucket account.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2018

Hi Priya, as I said before I'm afraid we won't be able to help you in that scenario, that's something between you and your employer. If my employer provides me with an email address, I'll only use it for business-related stuff and I know that once I lose my access to this email address I will lose access to all the sites where I'm using it. 

If there's something I want to keep I should make sure I have backups or that I can access it with my personal email address, as the email address provided by my employer is not under my control (as you said, they control the domain where the email address belongs too).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events