Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to locate the SAML metadata file for BitBucket ADFS Integration?

shashank tyagi March 27, 2019

We are trying to integrate Bitbucket with ADFS SSO but we need to provide the relying party trust and claim configuration guide along with the SAML metadata file for the proper configuration in ADFS.

I have been googling about this for like a week now but unable to get any tangible information. Can anyone please help me get the proper files or information to achieve the same.

1 answer

0 votes
Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

Hi @shashank tyagi 

There are various alternatives for setting up SAML in Atlassian:
1) For Cloud you need to do this through Atlassian Access.
2) For Datacenter you can use native SAML features (solving very basic SAML setups).
3) For both Server and Datacenter you can use Marketplace SSO apps.

Could you describe your Bitbucket environment a bit more. Do you run Bitbucket on server, data center or cloud?

I am from one of the Marketplace SSO app vendors, and we allow you to setup ADFS and exchange trust certificates and meta data through powershell scripts: https://docs.kantega.no/display/KA/AD+FS

Regards,
Jon Espen
Kantega SSO

shashank tyagi March 28, 2019

Hello Jon,

Thanks for the suggestion. But I just dont understand why I need to buy an SSO plugin from the marketplace. Doesn't Atlassian provide in-built support for integrating SSO in bitbucket.?

Thanks

Shashank

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

Hi @shashank tyagi

for Bitbucket Cloud - there is Atlassian Access. SAML is a paid feature there-

For Bitbucket Data-Center there is a basic SAML Functionality included. However if you need more advanced Features you need a external App.

For Bitbucket Server your only option is a 3rd Party App.

Here is a list of the 3rd Party Apps available in the marketplace for Bitbucket: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=bitbucket&query=saml

I work for resolution, the Vendor of the #1 App@Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO works for the #2 entry. Both are good Solutions.

Cheers,
   Christian

shashank tyagi March 28, 2019

HI @Christian Reichert (resolution) @Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO 

I am using Bitbucket server v5.14.0 for this. I do get an option for SSO Authentication under settings tab. I need to send the proper metadata.xml, relying party trust and claim configuration to ADFS for it to work. 

Are you  saying that I can't get this information until I purchase a 3rd party plugin for it.

Thanks

Shashank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events