Unable to get SSO working with Crowd and Stash. Also wanted to enable public signup with crowd for Stash and Jenkins

Shravanthi Sudarshana May 12, 2015

I integrated Stash (3.7.1) with Crowd(2.7.1). I was able to add user in crowd and it was reflected in stash. However am not able to get SSO working. I modified stash-config.properties file and updated server.xml also (uncommented <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" />). SSO still doesnt work (my domain is correct). What else am I missing?

Also i had installed crowd stand-alone for integration with JIRA and Confluence. But i did not understand what this meant

Crowd Client JAR

Please make sure you use the default Crowd client JAR that ships with Stash.

Am i supposed to use some other Crowd installation just for Stash?

On another note, i was looking for enabling public sign up as well in stash using crowd. But when i enabled stash public sign up option, it creates user account in stash internal directory by default. How do i make user signup to crowd directory instead of stash internal directory? (My crowd directory has Add-user permissions).

1 answer

0 votes
Shravanthi Sudarshana May 18, 2015

I was able to get SSO  of crowd working with stash by adding IPs  127.0.0.1 and 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 to the trusted proxies list in Crowd. Stash was using reverse proxy due to which this was required

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events