Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Unable to delete a repository - 500 error

Hi there,

I am unable to delete a private repository. The spinner keeps spinning after clicking the button, and eventually the request 500s in the console.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Heng and welcome to the community.

If you could provide me with the following info, I can check our system for more details regarding this error.

1. Navigate to Repository settings of the repo you want to delete
2. Open Developer Tools in your browser and select the Network tab
3. Attempt the repo deletion and wait until it errors
4. Then, check the records in the Network tab, find the one with status 500 and select it
5. In the Headers tab, there should be a field named sentry-id (or x-sentry-id)

If you give me the value of that field, I can look it up in our system for more info regarding why this issue occurs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

There is no x-sentry-id or sentry-id. Here are some other headers that might help:

x-asap-succeeded:
True
x-b3-traceid:
25969628495e8e03
x-dc-location:
Micros
x-render-time:
x-request-count:
x-served-by:
cd8879c7d695
x-static-version:
dfb18959be9c

Hi @Heng,

Thank you for the info. I was able to find some repo deletion events in our logs by your user with a 500 response. What I noticed is that the upstream response time is 28 seconds and I suspect that the request times out.

We can delete this repo for you, but we would need a support ticket for that and also your consent.

I am going to create a support ticket for you within the next few minutes, using the email of your community account. You should receive an email with a link to the support ticket. In case you don't receive it, please let me know and I can post the link here (the contents of the ticket won't be visible to anyone other than you and Atlassian staff, even if they have the link).

•  I would like to ask if you could leave a reply to the support ticket mentioning the URL of the repo you are trying to delete (so that we can be sure that it is the same one I saw in our logs)
  • If you are ok with us deleting this repo for you, please let us know in your reply to the support ticket. Otherwise, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Ajay _view26_ Community Leader Dec 27, 2021

Hi @Heng ,

Try clearing the cache of your browser and retry again. Delete should work as long as you have the permissions

Cheers

Ajay

@Ajay _view26_  Tried that and didn't work. The spinner on the button spins for a minute then a 500 error toast at the bottom left. I am part of the Admin group for the repo. I have been able to delete a few other repositories but just not this one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events