Unable to connect to SVN repository

Zachary Miller December 2, 2012

Using SVN 1.4.2 and FishEye 2.8.1

When I add a repo and try to "Test Connection", I receive the following error:

Unable to get info for the repository root for [Repo Name] connect timed out

and also:

Unable to get Repository Root URL for [Repo Name]:https://repository.xxxx.com/xxx/xxx/

Exception getting FishEye access control connect timed out

If I add the repo anyway, and then attempt to enable and start it, I receive this error:

Unable to initialise repository [Repo Name] due to com.cenqua.fisheye.config.ConfigException:Could not access ...

org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E175002: timed out waiting for server svn: E175002: PROPFIND request failed on ...

Help? :c

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2012

All the errors seem to have the same root cause which looks to be that the Subversion server is not responding when FishEye attempts to connect to it.

One thing to try, when logged in as the user which is used to run FishEye, is to see if you can connect to the svn repository using a command like

svn info https://repository.xxxx.com/xxx/xxx/

I'd double check for typos in the configured URL, etc.

BTW, I assume you meant FishEye 2.8.1 and not 1.8.1

Zachary Miller December 3, 2012

Logged into my Fisheye server, 'svn info' returns an error: "could not connect to server"

I can't even ping the SVN server from there.

I know the SVN server is up and functioning, I can reach them via browser and committing works. What might this mean?

Douglas Fabretti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Hi Zach.

Maybe there is a firewall blocking the connection - can be a outgoing rule from the FishEye Server or a incoming rule in the SVN Server.

Another valid test would be trying to ping the svn server (or even trying to run the svn info command) from another host inside your network - to see if the connection is blocked or not.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Zachary Miller December 9, 2012

You were right, it ended up being a DNS issue with my Fisheye server, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events