cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to clone stash git repository over http

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2014

I was working with Stash git repositories for a while by now and everything looked normal.

But today I tried to clone git repository and got the following error.

remote: Counting objects: 750, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (571/571), done.
error: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200| 11.66 MiB/s
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
warning: http unexpectedly said: '0000'

Here is what I see in atlassian-stash.log

SmartExitHandler Request for repo 'XXX' of project 'YYY' from '10.83.51.17' failed: read process '/usr/bin/git http-backend' caused an exception
Process's error output: error: git-upload-pack died of signal 13

I tried multiple times with the same result. Any ideas on what could be the problem ?

I also tried to clone with SourceTree and got the same error.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

Looks like issue was in my network card settings. After I increased transmit / receive buffer sizes and reset it couple times, git clone started working.

Thank you everybody for help.

0 votes
LarsM
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2014

This guy solved it by setting the correct permissions on the server (not using stash, but this could also apply to your issue)

http://stackoverflow.com/a/23321710

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2014

Yes I saw this post about permissions to directory. That would affect all clients but I have only one client not able to clone. So looks like I have a different issue.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2014

Any chance that your repostory is broken somehow? Does this happen with all repos or only a particular one?

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2014

I tried 2 other repositories and got the same error.

I have stash installed on Linux VM. Should I run 'git fsck' or other git CLI on this VM ? What directory should I run it in under stash-home ?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2014

It is not very probable that all of your repos are broken. I can imagine 2 possibilities now:

- It is a local issue with the client you are trying to clone to.

- A port (range) of the server is unreachable.

Can you try from another computer? If it works, than it is an issue with the client. If it does not, check your firewall/network settings.

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2014

Yes, it looks like local issue at this point. Clone from another computer worked fine although took longer than usual.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

If you do not have the latest version of Git installed, I would start by upgrading it.

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

Upgraded GIT to version 1.9.4 but still see the same issue. Also earlier I did not see it so it is unlikely to be version issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events