Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPM can't be loaded Stash 3.11

Eric Seibert November 19, 2018

We are in the process of moving a stash 3.11 to bitbucket and thismorning it was hung. We restarted the service and apache and it was hung. We reebooted the server and stash starts to load then fails with the UPM. 

Our JVM is right, I moved the plugins like you would on bitbucket and double check the setenv.sh and everything is correct. I'm not sure if the upm is updated or not but I have seen a upm update take out jira before.

as this is a production server I need to get this back up and running but I can't find any upm files to replace my version and since I can't start it I can't locate the upm version that it is. 

seriously need some help as I can't figure out any next steps

1 answer

0 votes
Eric Seibert November 19, 2018

the only errors i keep seing are :

aused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'licenseTokenValidator' defined in URL [bundle://89.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [com.atlassian.upm.core.pac.MarketplaceClientManager]: : Error creating bean with name 'marketplaceClientManager' defined in URL [bundle://89.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/atlassian/marketplace/client/MarketplaceClient : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'marketplaceClientManager' defined in URL [bundle://89.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/atlassian/marketplace/client/MarketplaceClient : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createArgumentArray(ConstructorResolver.java:591) ~[spring-2.5.6.SEC03-atlassian-6.jar:4.1.6.RELEASE]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_201]
... 8 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'marketplaceClientManager' defined in URL [bundle://89.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/atlassian/marketplace/client/MarketplaceClient : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338) ~[spring-2.5.6.SEC03-atlassian-6.jar:4.1.6.RELEASE]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_201]
... 9 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/atlassian/marketplace/client/MarketplaceClient : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_201]
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_201]
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2625) ~[na:1.7.0_201]
at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2743) ~[na:1.7.0_201]
at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2759) ~[na:1.7.0_201]
at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1480) ~[na:1.7.0_201]
at com.atlassian.event.internal.AnnotatedMethodsListenerHandler.getValidMethods(AnnotatedMethodsListenerHandler.java:62) ~[atlassian-event-2.3.5.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.event.internal.AnnotatedMethodsListenerHandler.getInvokers(AnnotatedMethodsListenerHandler.java:43) ~[atlassian-event-2.3.5.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.event.LockFreeEventPublisher$InvokerBuilder.build(LockFreeEventPublisher.java:235) ~[stash-platform-3.11.6.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.event.LockFreeEventPublisher.register(LockFreeEventPublisher.java:81) ~[stash-platform-3.11.6.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.event.TransactionAwareEventPublisher.register(TransactionAwareEventPublisher.java:95) ~[stash-platform-3.11.6.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.upm.core.pac.AbstractMarketplaceClientManager.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractMarketplaceClientManager.java:67) ~[na:na]
... 10 common frames omitted
2018-11-19 10:29:14,666 WARN [spring-startup] c.a.s.i.p.OsgiBundledPathScanner Cannot scan directory /com/atlassian/oauth/shared/servlet/ in bundle com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin as it does not exist

so its the UPM and it looks like it might be a license issue or java version

java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_191"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.191-b12, mixed mode)

it was on 1.7 and had the same issue but upgrading to the newere java did nothing to remedy the issue. Unless the setting is somewhere else

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events