cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • Trying to connect BitBucket to JIRA using Application Links asks for Consumer Key, Shared secret, Request token url etc. Where can i get this info?

Trying to connect BitBucket to JIRA using Application Links asks for Consumer Key, Shared secret, Request token url etc. Where can i get this info?

Jaishankar Siddagangappa January 31, 2017

I am trying to connect two staging server applications - JIRA and BITBUCKET. Upon clicking application link and entering the URL to JIRA staging from Bitbucket admin page, I keep getting asked for Consumer Key, Shared secret, Request token URL, Access token URL, Authorize URL .

Documentation does not explain where to procure this information. I have admin privileges on JIRA staging server but am unable to get the information needed to link JIRA and BITBUCKET.

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2017

Hello,

The issue you have described suggests JIRA cannot communicate with Bitbucket server and/or vice-versa. In other words, the Bitbucket URL you have provided in JIRA is not accessible from within JIRA or the JIRA URL you have provided in Bitbucket server is not accessible from within Bitbucket.

Consumer Key, Shared secret ... they are only required to non-Atlassian products. If you create or have your own application and want to have it integrated with Atlassian product, then you need to provide those information, otherwise they are not needed from client's perspective.

Please, make sure:

• you are accessing on your web browser the application, JIRA and Bitbucket server, using the same URL specified as Base URL for each application;
    • JIRA administration >> System >> General configuration
    • Bitbucket administration >> Settings >> Server settings
  • you can access JIRA from Bitbucket server box and vice-versa;

Kind regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events