Trouble connecting my bitbucket to third party app Tower

Dan Farrell January 24, 2018

Currently, I am trying to setup my desktop Tower application to sync with Bitbucket so that I can access all repo's my team is using so I can push and pull updates. At the moment I can pull and push but I manually have to copy and paste a URL to clone the repo instead of being able to select one in Tower from a list of options.

I have created an SSH key and linked it to bitbucket following all the steps here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/set-up-an-ssh-key-728138079.html#SetupanSSHkey-ssh2

Using the `Set up SSH on macOS/Linux` in my case

Currently I see this in my tower application:

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 10.20.06 PM.png

But I used to see something more like this

services

Can anyone help me find out why I have this error?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

Hi Dan, this issue seems to be more suitable for the Gittower team, as it's an issue with their application trying to connect to another service. I've found these articles in their documentation, maybe it can help you?:

Alternatively, you can try Sourcetree, which is our free Git client 😉  You can connect to Bitbucket following the steps at Connect your Bitbucket account, and we'll also be able to help you with any questions in this Community.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events