Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer ownership from Team to User

Petzi September 6, 2017

I was messing around and transfered a personal repository to a newly created team so I could have it in a Project ( I though Projects were just ways to group repositories together, but I guess they're meant for more complicated schemes where you have teams working together).

Long story short, I can't push on SourceTree now, despite there being a team with me in it as Admin and having my personal account as Admin, as well.

I figure that the easiest way to fix this is to transfer the repository back to my personal account, but I'm having problems with that. I click "Transfer" and a pop-up appears. When I write my name in the "Owner" textbox, no sort of autocomplete shows up. And when I confirm the transfer, nothing happens. So how do I transfer the repository back and undo this mess? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lumoura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2017

Hi Pedro 

Regarding the transfer ownership: as long that you can transfer the repository to any BitBucket Cloud account, it does not show an auto-complete.

So, you`ll have the insert the username that you want to transfer.

Regarding the error at SourceTree: When you transfer ownership, you received a message that the repository URL would change. Check if, at your SourceTree configurations are you using the right URL.

Hope that it helps :)

Petzi September 6, 2017

Aha! I guess I tried my e-mail and my name, but not the correct username. Thanks, it worked!

lumoura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2017

Super! 

Glad to hear that it worked :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events