Transfer ownership from Team to User

I was messing around and transfered a personal repository to a newly created team so I could have it in a Project ( I though Projects were just ways to group repositories together, but I guess they're meant for more complicated schemes where you have teams working together).

Long story short, I can't push on SourceTree now, despite there being a team with me in it as Admin and having my personal account as Admin, as well.

I figure that the easiest way to fix this is to transfer the repository back to my personal account, but I'm having problems with that. I click "Transfer" and a pop-up appears. When I write my name in the "Owner" textbox, no sort of autocomplete shows up. And when I confirm the transfer, nothing happens. So how do I transfer the repository back and undo this mess? Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Lucas Moura Atlassian Team Sep 06, 2017

Hi Pedro 

Regarding the transfer ownership: as long that you can transfer the repository to any BitBucket Cloud account, it does not show an auto-complete.

So, you`ll have the insert the username that you want to transfer.

Regarding the error at SourceTree: When you transfer ownership, you received a message that the repository URL would change. Check if, at your SourceTree configurations are you using the right URL.

Hope that it helps :)

Aha! I guess I tried my e-mail and my name, but not the correct username. Thanks, it worked!

Lucas Moura Atlassian Team Sep 06, 2017

Super! 

Glad to hear that it worked :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

680 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot