Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track users of my bitbucket repo

mortenlj February 16, 2014

I have a couple repos where I would like to track the number of people who is using my repo.

Tracking forks on bitbucket is fine, but for some of my repos, read-only usage is more common, and those people will just clone my repo locally, and occationally pull updates.

I would like some sort of tracking to see when people clone, and when they pull. It could be in the form of a graph for instance.

2 answers

0 votes
mortenlj February 24, 2014

Obviously, this would need to be some sort of feature added by Atlassian to bitbucket. Since they control the servers, it should be relatively easy for them to track connections reading the repo.

0 votes
chirag zaptech February 17, 2014

Morten, i think technically this is not possible since you want to track people who just taking read only copies of your application. But yes if you have access to the remote repository server then it might be possible by going through the server logs or other ways.

Say you have git lab instead of bit bucket for managing remote repositories, in that case you have control of the server so you can easily get a log of what you want.

hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events