Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

This deploy key has read access to the following repositories:

Hi

I want to push (mercurial) via ssh to one of my repos. I uploaded the pub key, but it seems that I have only read access how can I change that to write access?

thanks

Uwe Brauer

1 answer

The issue you are running into is a permissions issue on your destination. You need to give the user with the pub key write permissions to the directory it is pushing to. 

well when I generated the key I used -C and my the email address of my account. I also receive the message remote: Can't find your username.

but in my .hgrc file, I have set up my user id I always use. I am confused

It does not matter so much for the user that you created the key as but the user that you are creating an ssh session for.

SOLVED:

I found the answer here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Unable-to-push-code-to-my-private-repo/qaq-p/708507

the key as to be in my user account, not in the repo! This is VERY confusing and the documentation is silent on that issue, sigh

Like # people like this

Very true. I suspected this as well and I also got this issue today. This helped me resolve my issue. Thanks.

Like Maksim Tikhonov likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

📣 Calling Bitbucket Data Center customers to participate in research

Hi everyone, Are you Bitbucket DC customer? If so, we'd love to talk to you! Our team wants to dive deep to understand your long-term plans regarding Bitbucket DC and Atlassian Cloud. Do you plan...

118 views 2 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you