Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Tomcat connector configured to listen on port 7990 failed to start.

Justin Campo November 29, 2017

Bitbucket was running fine under version 4.8.3, I ran the update to 5.5.2 and now I can't start bitbucket. 

------------------------------------------

[root@base log]# tail atlassian-bitbucket.log

Description:

The Tomcat connector configured to listen on port 7990 failed to start. The port may already be in use or the connector may be misconfigured.

Action:

Verify the connector's configuration, identify and stop any process that's listening on port 7990, or configure this application to listen on another port.

2017-11-29 16:26:58,179 INFO  [main]  c.a.b.i.boot.log.BuildInfoLogger Bitbucket 5.5.2 has shut down

-------------------------------------------------

When I run netstat -ao (centos) the only entry I have for 7990 is

tcp        0      0 *:7990                      *:*                         LISTEN      off (0.00/0/0)

I restarted the server and made sure the old bitbucket was stopped.  Please help, this was working perfectly before the update.

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi Justin,

Can you clarify whether the output from netstat is while Bitbucket is running or not? If it's from when you think Bitbucket is not running, then something is keeping port 7990 open, preventing Bitbucket Server from starting.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Justin Campo November 30, 2017

Ok, I misunderstood the output of netstat.  The output of netstat is when bitbucket is not running.  The only thing that uses that port is bitbucket so it must be the old version (4.8.3).  However I ran ./stop-bitbucket for both versions and I checked and the /etc/init.d/atlbitbucket is for the new version.  Any idea how it is running/why it is using the port still?

Thanks.

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Hi Justin,

What may be happening is that the java process doesn't end properly, so you may need to kill it forcefully (using kill -9 <pid>, where <pid> is the process ID of the java process).

Once the process is gone, check again with netstat to ensure the port is no longer taken and then try to start Bitbucket Server.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Ram Gangu June 25, 2018

Hi,

I have experienced the similar issue? Could you help me in fixing this?

Thanks,

Seetha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events