The Stash installer for Linux does NOT install Stash as a service?

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

I am upgrading Stash from 3.2 to 3.8. On my test server stash installed the /etc/init.d/atlstash file. On the production system it does not install as a service.

Waht could be a reason for that? It does not give any install errors.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

Hi Mike,

Thanks for raising this.

After our internal discussion, we've decided to raise a Suggestion to cover your use case. For anyone hitting this, please refer to the JAC below:

Apologies I oversaw your initial report.

Kind regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support

0 votes
johnathansmith April 9, 2015

this is how i did my upgrade

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mWqFYCtQgEY

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2015

Hi Mike,

How are you upgrading Stash on your production system?

If you are using the installer to perform the upgrade as described on our Upgrade Guide, you will be prompted to decide if you want to install Stash as a service, which should place the /etc/init.d/atlstash script on your system.

Can you make sure you chose this option?

Best,
Thiago

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

i am using the 64bit installer and i am not prompted for it.

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

I also have problems now starting Stash as atlstash, after manually copying the init script (it still runs a sroot).

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2015
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

console

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2015

You're supposed to run the script as root. The script takes care of changing the user for you.

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

i am running as root (su command blcoked): sudo ./atlassian-stash-3.8.0-x64.bin -c

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2015

One of the questions is about "Installing as a Service", Mike. I'd like to ask you to carefully reading the instructions again. If you still can't see it, please raise a support request and we will go from there.

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

{code} $ sudo ./atlassian-stash-3.8.0-x64.bin -c Unpacking JRE ... Starting Installer ... This will install Stash 3.8.0 on your computer. OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c] Please choose one of the following: Install a new Stash instance [1, Enter], Upgrade an existing Stash instance [2] 2 Where should Stash be installed? [/opt/atlassian/stash/3.8.0] Default location for Stash home directory The location for Stash data. Please provide the location of your existing Stash home directory, where your repositories, plugins, and other data are stored. Be sure to STOP your current Stash instance and create a backup before proceeding. [/var/atlassian/application-data/stash] <stash_home> Configure which ports Stash will use. Stash requires two TCP ports that are not being used by any other applications. The HTTP port is where users will access Stash through their browsers. The control port is used to start and stop Stash. HTTP Port Number [7990] Control Port Number [8006] Please review your Stash installation settings Installation Directory: /opt/atlassian/stash/3.8.0 Home Directory: /gitdata1/stash_home HTTP Port: 7990 Control Port: 8006 Install [i, Enter], Exit [e] Extracting files ... Installation of Stash is complete Would you like to launch Stash? Yes [y, Enter], No [n] n {code} Where is it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events