The Stash home directory is already locked by another running instance of Stash.

Sue December 18, 2013

Before I raise a support ticket, would like to roughly know what does the following log message means:

Caused by: com.atlassian.stash.internal.home.HomeLockDeniedException: The Stash home directory 'C:\Stash\StashHome' is already locked by another running instance of Stash.

Please stop the other instance of Stash and restart this instance.

If you are absolutely certain that no other instance of Stash is running, please remove the lock file 'C:\Stash\StashHome\.lock' and restart this instance.

1 answer

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

Hi Sue,

The error message pretty much says it all.

So we create that lock file when Stash starts, and remove it again when it shutsdown (cleanly). Either there is actually another Stash running, or previously Stash wasn't shutdown properly (ie kill -9).

If you know for a fact that Stash isn't running you're almost certianly safe to delete the file and start Stash again. I would also generally recommend taking a full backup of the home directory and database just in case. If you have any concerns, or in any case, please feel free to raise a support ticket with your logs attached.

Cheers,

Charles

Sue December 18, 2013

I deleted the .lock file but its still the same..just raised a support ticket. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events