Suppress BitBucket Commit History

Hi,

I have a branch with loads of commit history. I would like to remove all the commit history so that the person cloning it doesn't see the history.

Can some one help me on this please?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Kamalahasan! The history of your files is stored in the .git directory of your repo. There are a couple things that come to mind to avoid others from seeing the history:

• Copy the files from your current repo (excluding the .git directory)  and paste them into a different folder. Then initialize the repo and push this to Bitbucket. The history won't be there. 
  • You can tell that person to download a zip of the project from the Downloads section in Bitbucket. Note that the zip won't contain the history, but if he has access to the repo he will be able to see the history too.  
Hope that helps!
Ana

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

247 views 3 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you