Support for YACC plugin version 1.24 in bitbucket server version > 7.8

avsaditya January 15, 2021

Hello All,

We are using YACC(Yet another commit checker) app version 1.24 hosted on Bitbucket server v6.6.

This is from the time when the app was free but the update to v2.0.7 is paid.

Now I want to update to latest version of Bitbucket server > 7.8.

Bitbucket update check says Unknown for the current version of my app.

"Unknown

These apps have not been registered with the Atlassian Marketplace, so their compatibility with Bitbucket 7.9.1 is unknown. We recommend performing your own testing before you proceed."

Does anyone know if the current version (1.24) is compatible with Bitbucket server > 7.8?

Has anyone tried?

Thanks and Regards

Aditya

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

The earliest version that the vendor states is supported for your version of Bitbucket is 2.0.4. Looks like it's time to place an order. :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
avsaditya May 21, 2021

Hello All,

I took the risk and did the upgrade.

The YACC app (version 1.24) works on Bitbucket server 7.10!!!

Running since 2 weeks, no compatibility issues so far.

Thanks and Regards

Aditya

Support RDI September 30, 2021

Hi, @avsaditya

We are facing a similar issue when trying to migrate to Bitbucket Data Center version (v7.14.0).

After installing the new version, we upgraded the plugin (without any further investigation) to a trial version (because it became paid). However, we want now to downgrade it again based on your response. We took the YACC jar file from production (v1.24) and tried to reinstall it in the Bitbucket upgraded version in staging, the installation completes, but the plugin doesn't enable anymore.  

So, after your Bitbucket process upgrade, what did you do with the YACC plugin? Did you take any action regarding it? Did you compile it again against your new Bitbucket version? Or you haven't touched it after the Bitbucket upgrade process and it just continued to work with no issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards!

Like Marcin Kwiecien likes this
avsaditya October 6, 2021

Hi @Support RDI 

It just worked straight after the upgrade. I didnt have to do anything with the plugin.

All the apps were disabled and I had to just re-enable them.

Thanks and Regards

Aditya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events