Subversion to BitBucket authors issue

Scott Peterson June 17, 2013

Hello:

We have OnDemand and are are converting our local, in-house Subversion repository to our new BitBucket account, rather than to the soon to be discontinued OnDemand Subversion/FishEye. However, we ran into an issue. I am at the point where we generate the authors file (https://go-dvcs.atlassian.com/display/aod/Generating+the+Subversion+Author+Mapping+File) and I see that the authors file lists several users who are no longer with the company, so we do not, and will not, have accounts for them in BitBucket. I would like to retain the information obout these users commits, but I'm not certain how this will work if there is no matching user in BitBucket.

Any advice would be welcome!

Scott

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2013

Scott,

You should still ensure their commits have their name and email on them when you perform the conversion as they are indeed the original authors. You don't need to create an account for them on Bitbucket. The system will simply ignore any email/username it doesn't recognize and display the name without a link to anything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events