Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subversion plugin, svn: E210004: Handshake failed error

Bridger Larson January 1, 2013

Subversion plugin, svn: E210004: Handshake failed error

Before I upgraded Jira to version 5.2.3, I upgraded Subversion to version 0.10.11.1. Now only half of our repositories are able to connect correctly after the upgrade. The other half are getting the error: svn: E210004: Handshake failed, received: ''

In the error logs we are getting a rather large chunk of whitespace in the error logs.

I haven't been able to find anything relating to this error, other than errors associated with something called Team City, which we aren't using.

In the error file we are seeing:

2013-01-02 10:35:19,073 QuartzWorker-0 ERROR ServiceRunner Subversion Revision Indexing Service plugin.ext.subversion.SubversionManagerImpl Connection to Subversion repository svn://<server>/<repository> failed: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E210004: Handshake failed, received: ' <large chunk="" of="" spaces="">'

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Bridger Larson January 1, 2013

both of the repositories that work and those that don't work are configured the same way.

the repository root is svn://<server>/<repository> then the Changeset Format is http://<server>/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?root=<repository>&view=rev&rev=${rev}. The rest of the File * Format url's follow after the changeset format url. The thing that is really wierd is that i have 9 repositories set up like this and 5 of them are failing and 4 of them are just fine.

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2013

May I know which URL that you access to repository? Is that the valid URL repo?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events