Subversion JIRA plugin

Adam Al March 8, 2014

Hello All

we are running Jira 5.2 and I installed "Subversion Jira plugin", but I need direction on what to do next. Can anyone point me to documentation on configuring this plugin for jira version 5.2, I would really appreciate it

Regards;

Adam

3 answers

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

I do not know which version number you are installing but I am guessing you are using the Atlassian version since you did not state subversion plus or subversion alm.

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin;jsessionid=F2B233F0C63681A047BF0EDB0934575E#SubversionJIRAplugin-InstallInstructions

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

I need direction on what to do next

If you are using the Alassian's JIRA Subversion plugin, then you have to register your repositories and configure the urls to pointo to an external Subversion web client in order to see the changes.

But maybe you might prefer using Subversion ALM which is simpler to configure as it will install and configure a web client for Subversion on your JIRA instance automatically.

Adam Al March 18, 2014

Hello

I am using

JIRA Subversion plugin0.10.13
I have Jira 5.2
and svn version 1.6.11
the admins installed the plugins, how can I configure it, do you know where are the documentation for this verion of plugin/jira, I only can find the docs for the latest version of jira/plugin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2014

Most of that is useful to know, but we really do need an answer to Pablo's question - *which* Subversion plugin is it. The version is good, but "Jira Subversion plugin" doesn't tell us if it is the Atlassian one or the ALM one (or even another one)

However, if it is one of the two main ones, the documentation for the Atlassian one is rather good, and the docs for the ALM one are even better. Both of them have "historical" links to older stuff, but also the principles haven't really changed, so to get the basics done, you don't need to read older docs - the new ones are more than good enough to get you started.

I think we really do need to know which plugin you're using.

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2014

@Adam, the version 0.10.13 unveils you are using the Atlassian's plugin.

In this case you have to talk your JIRA Admins and ask them for configuring the plugin to:

1. Point the urls to your current Subversion web client (ViewVC,..).

2. Register your existing Subversion repositories form the Atlassian plugin

3. Grant developers with the VIEW_DEVELOPMENT_TOOLS (or VIEW_ISSUE_SOURCE_TAB) persmission to see commits from the issue and project tab on JIRA.

ALM would not require extra effort from your admins as the configuration steps would be just the same mentioned above.

However, if your company does not have a webclient for Subversion, then ALM would save a lot of work because your adminis should neither install and configure a new server nor keep it aligned with the JIRA configuration (all the Subversion servers registered on JIRA must also be registered on the 3rd party web client).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2014

There's more than one subversion plugin, so I'm not sure which you are using. All the ones I'm familiar with have pretty good documentation on installation though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events