Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subversion: ERROR: Unable to determine version.

Venkata Prakash Reddy Ankireddy December 23, 2015

Hi,

I am trying migration from SVN to STASH(Old version of Bit Bucket Server). When i try to verify using svn-migration-scripts.jar verify command i am getting the following error. Can some one help me to resolve this. I am using tortoise SVN client on my machine.

$ java -jar svn-migration-scripts.jar verify
svn-migration-scripts: using version 0.1.56bbc7f
Git: using version 1.9.5.msysgit.0
Subversion: ERROR: Unable to determine version.
git-svn: using version 1.9.5.msysgit.0

3 answers

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2015

Hi Venkata,

It looks then your svn executable isn't set in your PATH. Since you mentioned it is installed on this server, it seems to be just a matter of setting it's executable location in your PATH environment variable. After setting this, please re-open the command prompt and confirm svn --version works.

You may refer to the first response on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13915832/svn-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command if you are unsure about how setting the PATH.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Semyon Vadishev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2015

Hello Venkata,

You can also use SVN Mirror add-on in order to import your SVN projects into Stash. Here's the quick start guide on one-time import and git-svn mirror.

Regards,

Semyon

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2015

Hi Venkata,

Can you confirm you are able to obtain the proper information when running "svn --version"?

I found another topic in which the user was getting a result similar to yours - please check it at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/8630349. For this case, running "export LANG=C" before executing the command helped having it running.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Venkata Prakash Reddy Ankireddy December 23, 2015

can you tell me how can i run "svn --version" command. When i run normal commad prompt in windows 7 it gives error C:\Users\User1>svn --version 'svn' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events