Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Dragons step 5 when attempting to connect to the repository 'Dragons.'

Matt Mirkovich August 24, 2017

I'm attempting to complete the Here Be Dragons tutorial and I am encountering the following error when I attempt to connect Fisheye to the Dragons repository on Bitbucket. 

Thu Aug 24 16:34:41 PDT 2017: Repository index failed due to error com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException: com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.handler.DvcsProcessException: Error while communicating with VCS: *** failed to import extension felog from C:\fisheyecrucible\python\hg\hgfelog\hgfelog.py: missing attributes: norepo, optionalrepo, inferrepo *** (use @command decorator to register 'fecheck') hg: unknown command 'felog' (did you mean log?) com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.handler.DvcsProcessException: Error while communicating with VCS: *** failed to import extension felog from C:\fisheyecrucible\python\hg\hgfelog\hgfelog.py: missing attributes: norepo, optionalrepo, inferrepo *** (use @command decorator to register 'fecheck') hg: unknown command 'felog' (did you mean log?) com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: While executing: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseHg\hg.exe --config extensions.felog=C:\fisheyecrucible\python\hg\hgfelog\hgfelog.py --config ui.verbose=false felog 922fd9308885467fcb3ed0a3a185d8e661bedcc9 -p -m" in [C:\data\fisheyecrucible\var\cache\Dragons\clone] com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException: null

I've tried editing the python script to use log instead of felog, but that doesn't appear to address anything. Can anyone offer any suggestions? 

I know this is ancient history at this point, but I would still like to try and complete this. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2017

Hi Matt,

Just a few clarifying questions to start:

Which version of Mercurial are you using?

hg --version

Which version of FishEye/Crucible are you running?

We may be running into an issue of which version of Mercurial that FishEye supports, for example see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-5253 where support for Mercurial 3.x was adding in FishEye 3.7.0.

Matt Mirkovich August 25, 2017

Hi Jeff,

I'm using Mercurial 4.3.1 with the Tortoise bundle. My version of FishEye/Crucible is 3.7.0, per the instructions within Here Be Dragons. 

Should I roll back to an earlier version of Mercurial? Thanks for your assistance.

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2017

Hi Matt,

Yes, I'd try either an older version of Mercurial or a newer version of FishEye.

For FishEye 3.7, you'll want to use one of the support versions of Mercurial listed at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE037/Supported+platforms

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events