Stuck on Dragons step 5 when attempting to connect to the repository 'Dragons.'

I'm attempting to complete the Here Be Dragons tutorial and I am encountering the following error when I attempt to connect Fisheye to the Dragons repository on Bitbucket. 

Thu Aug 24 16:34:41 PDT 2017: Repository index failed due to error com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException: com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.handler.DvcsProcessException: Error while communicating with VCS: *** failed to import extension felog from C:\fisheyecrucible\python\hg\hgfelog\hgfelog.py: missing attributes: norepo, optionalrepo, inferrepo *** (use @command decorator to register 'fecheck') hg: unknown command 'felog' (did you mean log?) com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.handler.DvcsProcessException: Error while communicating with VCS: *** failed to import extension felog from C:\fisheyecrucible\python\hg\hgfelog\hgfelog.py: missing attributes: norepo, optionalrepo, inferrepo *** (use @command decorator to register 'fecheck') hg: unknown command 'felog' (did you mean log?) com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: While executing: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseHg\hg.exe --config extensions.felog=C:\fisheyecrucible\python\hg\hgfelog\hgfelog.py --config ui.verbose=false felog 922fd9308885467fcb3ed0a3a185d8e661bedcc9 -p -m" in [C:\data\fisheyecrucible\var\cache\Dragons\clone] com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException: null

I've tried editing the python script to use log instead of felog, but that doesn't appear to address anything. Can anyone offer any suggestions? 

I know this is ancient history at this point, but I would still like to try and complete this. 

1 answer

0 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Aug 25, 2017

Hi Matt,

Just a few clarifying questions to start:

Which version of Mercurial are you using?

hg --version

Which version of FishEye/Crucible are you running?

We may be running into an issue of which version of Mercurial that FishEye supports, for example see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-5253 where support for Mercurial 3.x was adding in FishEye 3.7.0.

Hi Jeff,

I'm using Mercurial 4.3.1 with the Tortoise bundle. My version of FishEye/Crucible is 3.7.0, per the instructions within Here Be Dragons. 

Should I roll back to an earlier version of Mercurial? Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Matt,

Yes, I'd try either an older version of Mercurial or a newer version of FishEye.

For FishEye 3.7, you'll want to use one of the support versions of Mercurial listed at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE037/Supported+platforms

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

29,071 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you