Stuck in "We couldn't log you in"

mryellow February 1, 2022

I haven't logged in for a good while, can you please unblock my account.

We couldn’t log you in

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again.

2 answers

0 votes

That worked... 

With all JS blocking extensions turned off and after "Application - Clear site data" I get stuck with some state which keeps me in this page. The message seems to indicate it's expecting a referer to match, but then if I'm always on that page... Maybe it's a bug.

Not sure where you're saving state which wouldn't be cleared.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2022

Yeah!! Plugins

Could you please mark the answer as accepted

The browser extensions are all disabled.

They may have originally blocked something, but now they're switched off and no matter how many times I clear browser "site data" the state somehow remains and prevents me from logging in.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2022

Re install the browser clearing all the data

It's not supported when you don't have standard browser otherwise, raise an Atlassian support ticket!!

Reinstalling browsers to fix websites is never a solution.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2022

You are not fixing website, the website is fine.

Its the browser that needs fixing!!

It's okay. All other websites on the internet work fine. I'll use incognito to access the site in order to move everything back to github and call it a day. 

Like Pramodh M likes this

p.s. If I "Clear Site Data" and your website retains state somehow indicating that I should be immediately forwarded to an error page. Then this is not browser fault but a UX failure of the website caused by some kind of server-side fingerprinting or the like.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2022

Hi @mryellow 

Welcome to the Community!!

There is no blocking in Bitbucket Cloud Account.

Can you try once with incognito and make sure it's not really working?

Thanks

To be clear, this is a great debugging step which does indicate that with a different browser I can login.

However with extensions/plugins since turned off and all browser state cleared, it also indicates something may be finger-printed and blocking my access from the server-side (assuming Bitbucket hasn't managed to hide state somewhere on the browser which is not cleared by "Application - Clear Site Data).

It's productive, but it's not a solution to the problem as I'm still unable to login with the standard (non-incognito) browser.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events