Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with Bitbucket Server

Scott Taylor March 21, 2019

I am trying to integrate Git and Bitbucket Server/Sourcetree into our existing development environment.  I want to leave the existing code locations in place, and have developer pushes end up there (this will allow developers to use our existing code testing infrastructure).  However, I do not see how to get BbServer to take a push from a developer, and put the pushed code into the existing code location (a folder on a local drive).  Any recommendations that will allow me to maintain my existing environment, and take advantage of BbServer and Git, would be most appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

I think I know what you are looking for, but correct me if I am wrong. When a developer pushes a commit into your Git repository you want that commit to also be pushed to your existing testing infrastructure automatically, correct?

If that is the case you have a couple of options. You could create a Git hook that exist on each client or server side that will push the commit you your testing infrastructure. There are also apps for Bitbucket that can do the same thing, for example External hooksScriptrunnerJavascript hooks for Bitbucket to mention a few. You can search the Marketplace to find more.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events