Did you mean: 

Stopped receiving email notifications for bitbucket

Prabhjot Kaur March 24, 2022

Since last week I am not receiving bitbucket emails

1 answer

2 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

Hi, @Prabhjot Kaur, welcome to the community! 

I checked our logs and confirmed that your email had a block on the server that prevented emails from being sent to you. So I removed your email from this suppression list. 

Could you please confirm if you receive Bitbucket emails now? 

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Prabhjot Kaur March 24, 2022

Thanks Caroline! I am receiving bitbucket emails now, suddenly a lot of them lolz.

Prabhjot Kaur March 31, 2022

@Caroline R It happened again, I stopped receiving the emails. Is there any permanent solution to this problem?

Andrew Macpherson March 31, 2022

Hi @Caroline R I am a co-worker of @Prabhjot Kaur and am experiencing the same issue. I know of at least one other member of our team that is also having this problem. Any suggestions for getting this permanently resolved would be great. 

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hi, @Andrew Macpherson and @Prabhjot Kaur

I checked your domain and confirmed that some emails were in a suppression list with the following message: 

550: 550 Mailbox does not exist!

I have removed all of them from this list, but in case you face this problem again, I suggest that you create a ticket with us so we can further investigate what is causing this issue. In order to do that, you can access https://support.atlassian.com/contact, in "What can we help you with?" select "Technical issues and bugs" and Bitbucket Cloud as the product. Then, select Yes under the "Are you having an issue with Bitbucket workspace invitations?" option. 

Please feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

Andrew Macpherson May 6, 2022

Hi Caroline, the issue is happening again for me. I have opened a support ticket but wanted to tag you here as well in case there is anything you can do. 

Thanks.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2022

Hi Andrew,

Please allow me to step in as Caroline is out of office.

Your email was in one of our suppression lists, so I went ahead and removed it.

If this keeps happening regularly, I would suggest talking with the administrator of your mail server and asking them to investigate if there is an issue with your mail server.

The reason why an email address ends up in our suppression list is that we attempt to send an email to it, and receive a hard bounce response from the recipient's mail server which indicates permanent failure. In your case, the error we received was:

550: 550 Mailbox does not exist!

It might be an outage with your mail server or some other configuration issue that results in these hard bounce events.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events