cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop receiving notifications for a pull request until pull request is ready

spathis July 15, 2016

Regarding this scenario:

1. Adam submits a pull request
  2. Bob reviews the request and provides feedback. It needs work before it can be merged.
  3. Adam continues working on the pull request, pushing changes as necessary.

How can Bob stop receiving email notifications for this pull request until Adam thinks it's ready for another code review?

Unwatching the pull request stops all notifications. In that case, how does Adam indicate that the pull request is ready for another round of code reviews (which should send Bob an email notification)?

I am using Bitbucket Server v4.7.1 (formerly known as Stash).

2 answers

1 vote
Kristy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2016

Bob should only commit his changes and not push them until he is ready for the pull request to be reviewed again. This way, the pull request remains in the "needs work" state until the previous feedback has been addressed.

Alternatively, if the changes need to be pushed to the sever (for example, if he is working on multiple computers and needs access to his work from all of them) he could create a branch off his pull request's branch that addresses the feedback. When he is finished addressing the feedback, he can merge that branch into his pull request and push it up, resetting the "needs work" state.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2016

For now, the only option I think is for Bob to decline the PR. After Adam works on review comments, he can create a new PR.

We don't do that though. We keep the PR open and create PR tasks for Adam to work on. It will, of course, send notifications but we've got to live with it I think!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events