Stash, what is running on Port 8010?

We have an issue where local connections to port 8010 are hanging in a CLOSE_WAIT state, this eventually causes the stash's user's file handle limit to be reached (it is over 10000!). 

java    4786 stash   78u  IPv4         2351954670      0t0        TCP localhost:8010->localhost:60916 (CLOSE_WAIT)

It looks like there is an xmpp service listening on that port. By default, does stash have an xmpp service running and on that port? Or is this likely a plugin?

1 answer

This means that the other end did not close correctly the socket. Most probably you're reverse proxying through an Apache or nginx, I suppose, so check the configuration.

If it doesn't help, check your kernel config. I believe that that can be controlled via some linux params (net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time among others)

just a note: netstat -anp | grep 8010 | grep LIST will always tell you what is running on a given port.

Thanks Radu, the proxy is likely the cause, I'm not sure why I didn't think of this straight away! I will have a look into it now.

look for a biiiiiig keep-alive or something ... HTH

Ah! I never read my own configuration. Stash itself is actually listening on 8010, the proxy (apache) connects over AJP. From tomcat's logs there are major errors occuring between the two: SEVERE [ajp-nio-8010-exec-22] org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpMessage.processHeader Invalid message received with signature 514 So looks like it is an issue in proxy config!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

437 views 6 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you