Stash, what is running on Port 8010?

Stephen O'Brien May 4, 2015

We have an issue where local connections to port 8010 are hanging in a CLOSE_WAIT state, this eventually causes the stash's user's file handle limit to be reached (it is over 10000!). 

java    4786 stash   78u  IPv4         2351954670      0t0        TCP localhost:8010->localhost:60916 (CLOSE_WAIT)

It looks like there is an xmpp service listening on that port. By default, does stash have an xmpp service running and on that port? Or is this likely a plugin?

1 answer

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

This means that the other end did not close correctly the socket. Most probably you're reverse proxying through an Apache or nginx, I suppose, so check the configuration.

If it doesn't help, check your kernel config. I believe that that can be controlled via some linux params (net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time among others)

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

just a note: netstat -anp | grep 8010 | grep LIST will always tell you what is running on a given port.

Stephen O'Brien May 5, 2015

Thanks Radu, the proxy is likely the cause, I'm not sure why I didn't think of this straight away! I will have a look into it now.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

look for a biiiiiig keep-alive or something ... HTH

Stephen O'Brien May 5, 2015

Ah! I never read my own configuration. Stash itself is actually listening on 8010, the proxy (apache) connects over AJP. From tomcat's logs there are major errors occuring between the two: SEVERE [ajp-nio-8010-exec-22] org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpMessage.processHeader Invalid message received with signature 514 So looks like it is an issue in proxy config!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events