Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash to JIRA user directory sync not working over SSL JIRA port (8443) redirect

Statseeker November 9, 2017

Hi All

Just so you understand the issue in a little more detail:

JIRA is configured on both port 8080 and 8443, however there is a enforced redirect to port 8443 if you attempt to connect to port 8080.  I am using the standard tomcat configuration that is on Atlassian's site for the redirect which is defined in the web.xml file.

I am running an old version of Stash 3.9.2 and it seems to only support HTTP user directory sync to JIRA. The reason I say this is when connecting to JIRA in the logs it seems to want to only connect to thge HTTP port. The port redirect I have in place seems to break the user directory sync between JIRA and STASH.

If I remove the port redirect config from web.xml file and still allow connection to the HTTP port on JIRA the directory sync works fine.

What my issues is is why I cannot tell Stash to use the HTTPS port direct as it seems there is no easy way to force Stash to use the HTTPS port in the user directory sync configuration in the web interface.

I know my version of Stash is very old and that could be the issue and to solve this it could be a case of just upgrading. I am looking for some help and guidance if anyone has come across this issue before and solved it without upgrading Stash.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

Cheers

James

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

Hi James! What version of Jira do you have? Keep in mind that there are always compatibility issues between major versions, so if you're using Jira 7.0 or newer, it will not work (Stash 3.9.2 uses AppLinks 4.3 and Jira 7.0 uses AppLinks 5.0+).

Let us know!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events