Stash slow on Windows Server 2012 R2

Marco Sabato July 2, 2014

Hello,

to commit a single file into stash on a windows server 2012 r2 system takes nearly 30sec.

I have found an issue here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Git+Push+Operations+Extremely+Slow+on+Windows

The hotfix from microsoft is only available for windows 2008.

hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2545833.

Is this the same issue for Windows 2012 r2? Is this a known problem?

Thx

Marco

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marco Sabato July 7, 2014

Using the latest version (3.1.1) installed with the windows installer, it's very fast now.

The windows installer has created a new user "atlstash". Before i used an admin account.

Spencer Varney July 22, 2014

We just installed the most recent version available (3.1.3 at the time of writing) and are not having any luck, running it as a service with the atlstash account on server 2k8 r2. Any other thoughts?

0 votes
John Reynolds July 8, 2014

I seem to remember a section in the docs about very particular security rights for a local user required - otherwise a slowdown can occur.

Look here.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

You helped my remembering another thing which seems to be worth mentioned here:

Git Push Operations Extremely Slow on Windows

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

Had the same experience on Win2008 Server R2 - but the problem was not the mentioned missing hotfix above but rather the Awesome Graphs plugin (free version). Stash lost performance over a short period of time - and showed full performance after restarting the server.

Disabling the Awesome Graph Plugin brought back the full performance ....

BTW: You do not commit to the STASH server directly - you commit to your local git repository and push your repository up to the STASH server ...

Marco Sabato July 2, 2014

Thanks for your answer. We don't have installed the plugin "Awesome Graph Plugin".

We only have installed the "Stash Webhook to Jenkins" plugin. But even if I disable this plugin and restart the server, I have to wait a half minute for a single file push.

Further ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events