Stash settings on project level

Ivo Kronenberg August 4, 2013

Most Stash settings on the repository level are in our case for all repositories for a devision (Project in Stash) identical. Do we have to set the settings for each repository separately? We are speaking about:

• Branch Permissions
  • Hooks (most of it)
  • Pull Requests
  • Issue transistions (Storyflow plugin)
  • Workzone

1 answer

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

Hi Ivo,

Unfortunately the settings are stored against a repository, so there just isn't any way of doing it out-of-the-box. You would either have to do it via REST, or alternatively write a plugin.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/151930/stash-hipchat-configure-all-repos-in-a-project-using-rest

Just out of curiosity, is this (mostly) about setting up the repository in the beginning, or would it need to be permanent? I guess I'm asking, if we provided a repository 'blueprint' feature would that be good enough, or do you really need cascading settings?

Cheers,

Charles

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

In my eyes a template configuration (is this what you meant as a blueprint?) for setting up new repositories would be enough (at least in a short distance)

But I fear, as soon this will be available there will be voices which want to have this repsoitory settings enforced from project level. ;-)

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2013

In that case you both might be interested in this feature:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3614

Blueprints is what we call project templates. That's probably your best bet. I'm not sure if or when we'll do project-level configuration (although I agree that would be nice too).

Cheers,

Charles

Ivo Kronenberg August 4, 2013

For our purpose kind of a project-level configuration would be the wished feature. However, for the moment we can work with the REST.

We are migrating from SVN to Git. It does not often happen that we create a repository from scratch, therefore there is no big need for some sort of a blueprint repository. However, I think this feature could be useful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events